Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Menu Plan Monday (Sept 28th)

Sorry for being out for a long stretch again. Cai has been sick for the past week. It start last Monday (Sept 21) and he ran a fever till yesterday. Today has been much better. But he is still really stuffy. Poor guy. When we took him to the doctor, he said it was a virus. And when we called later in the week to ask some more questions, the nurse said that it could last 7 to 10 days. But I think he's mostly better now. So hopefully things will continue to look up. I actually went grocery shopping today which felt really good. Yeah for small accomplishments!!!
So this weekend is Fall Fest at Bethel College (where Mark and I graduated from). I always love Fall Fest weekend. In the last few years, I really come to appreciate Taste of Newton which happens the Thursday before. And I'm looking forward to all the food this coming Thursday. It also means that I won't be cooking alot this week. Which is both good and bad. Good because it's less work for me. Bad because last week I hardly cooked because I was constantly holding Cai. And since I was unable to go shopping we ending up eating out way more than I like. But that is life sometimes. On the bright side. We got a van last week!!!!! An 06 Toyota Sienna. So now we just have to sell our car. Which will be happening within a week or two, as a good friend of ours is buying it from us. It's seems to be working out so smoothly. And mostly we are ready for the baby. My friend K just need to come visit to help me with my belly cast before the little one comes.
Ok enough about that here is this weeks menu. Tonight we had spaghetti and meatballs. I used the recipe in Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Sienfeld. I just got this cookbook for my birthday (this last Friday 9/25). I'm so exicted about it. Thank you Grandma Anita! Ian loved the meatballs. And I made enough that I froze half for later. Starting to stock up my freezer for easy meals when the baby comes.

Tuesday: Spagahetti and meatballs
Wednesday: Church meal
Thursday: Taste of Newton :)
Friday: Pizza Braid
Saturday: Slow Cooker Enchiladas
Sunday: Red Lentil Coconut Curry
Monday: Fish Nuggets, Butter pasta (both from Deceptively Delicious) with a side of veggies

Be sure to visit Organizing Junkie's website for more menu ideas.

No comments: