Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Joys of Grandmothers

So for the most part it has been a pretty good week. My mother-in-law has been here since Wed. It has been great to have her here. I'm amazed at how much I was able to accomplish with her around. Wed, the first morning she was here, she and Ian played in the backyard for at least two hours. The great part, despite the fact the Cai was fussy, I got the diapers washed, at least another load washed and dishes done. Having the extra help has been a blessing. Not to mention that Ian is just soaking up the extra attention. He really loves having Grandma around. What I'm also very thankful for it the fact that he warmed up to her so quickly. Being that she lives states away we don't see her as often as my husband would like. So I was afraid Ian might play shy at first. But no, he has wanted nothing more than to play with Grandma. It's so cute at night when I'm putting him to bed and he say "play Grandma more." I have to reassure him that she will be here tomorrow to play with. Of course I'm not for sure what will happen when we have to take her to the airport on Monday morning. I'm going to hate to have to explain that she has to go home. Sure we'll see her and my father-in-law at Christmas. But not only is that two months away, two months is a long time for a two year old.

Cai too has done fairly well with being handed off to Grandma at times. Tonight my husband and I got to go on a date without kids! First time I've left Cai with someone other than his dad. We went to go see the movie "Burn After Reading" in theaters. It was entertaining. Not what I expected. In fact I walked away feeling like the whole movie was pretty pointless and didn't go ANYWHERE. But like I sad entertaining. So if you like dark comedy, don't mind blood (not excessive blood but blood) and are okay with pointlessness than you will probably enjoy it. Or maybe not, but I'll recommend it just the same. :) Anyway, it was nice to go out. And the boys were great while we were gone. Cai slept and Ian played. All and all a good day to end a good week. Too bad my extra help leaves in one more day. :(

No comments: