Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Menu Plan Monday (Oct 26th)

Well last week went well. I forgot to plan a meal for Monday. But we ended up pulling out one of my frozen soups one night and eating out another, meaning I didn't make the sweet potato burritos. Rather than make the burritos, I used the sweet potatoes for quesadillas instead. They were great. Although Ian insisted he didn't like them. We're still waiting on baby to arrive. Just a week until due date, so basically any day now. My doctor was out of town this weekend, so in many ways I'm glad I didn't go into labor while she was gone. However she comes back this evening, so I would rather like baby to come sooner rather than later :). Of course, my mother says as long as I don't go into labor Thursday night. She has tickets to Wicked. I really want her to see it too. She is going to love it! I've planned out this weeks menu. However, in many ways I'm hoping I don't get to most of it :). Being that Halloween is Saturday, I found some fun themed meals. I"m sorta excited about them. And will be slighty disappointed to not use them if baby comes. But then again, there is always next year. I think we are mostly set for costumes. Ian is going to be Elmo. A friend of his gave him an Elmo costume he had outgrown. It's wonderful. Cai is going to be a goldfish. I'm pretty proud of this idea, although I'm still putting it together. It came from the fact that Elmo has a pet goldfish, we have lots of orange clothes for Cai, and well I couldn't seem to find a 12-18 mo costume at the second hand stores in town :(. Hopefully with everything put together, both boys will be adorable. Ok, below is this weeks menu. Wish us luck. Hopefully baby will come quickly and everyone will be healthy. Also, keep the boys, my mom and my step-dad in your prayers. The boys aren't allowed on the unit at the hosptial due to all the flu going around. So this will be the longest period Cai and I go without each other. And it is most likely the longest period Ian will have without seeing me for even a few hours. When Cai was born he was able to come visit. I'm positive everything will be fine. But being away from them makes me nervous. What can I say, I'm a mom :)

Ok, once again here is the plan.

Tuesday: Sloppy Joes with broccoli side
Wednesday: Church meal
Thursday: Witch's Hat Soup
Friday: Worms for Brains, veggie side
Saturday: Leftovers or such
Sunday: Church potluck (Lunch); Breakfast dinner
Monday: Pumpkin Corn Soup with corn bread muffins

Don't forget to visit Organizing Junkie for more menus

No comments: