Monday, August 22, 2011

Menu Plan Monday- Aug 22nd

Dearest Family, Friends and other friendly visitors. Sorry I've been so silent of late. Our lives never slow down. But other than not posting here, I feel like I'm keeping up most days. Which I suppose is a pretty good sign of how things are going. :) The boys and I got back last Tuesday from our 12 day trip to Kansas. We had a grand time. Went to two weddings. Visited with family and friends. It was wonderful. But very very exhausting. Especially with Mark/Dad not with us. It's so good to be home. And I must confess I'm sorta excited to get back not only into a routine but into the kitchen., While it can be nice to have others cook for me, I really do like cooking. I seem to say this often, but truthfully, sometime days cooking a meal is the only thing I can SEE getting accomplished in a day. Except maybe making the bed.
On another thought completely, it should be noted that we have started Cai on a gluten free diet about a month ago. I'm seeing much improvement in his behavior and digestion. While it can be a pain to be gluten free, it is worth it for him to be healthy. I've been surprise with how easy it is to find gluten free products, and for the most part how good they taste. While I've already had a few fails in either foods I've bought or tried to make, the many many successes are encouraging. And really the amount of rice dishes we eat make the transition pretty painless.
So here is what's for dinner this week. Good stuff I'm sure :)

Monday: Spaghetti Maria Grazia (with rice spaghetti noodles)
Tuesday: Everyday Lentils and Rice (Extending the Table), green beans, maybe corn on the cob?
Wednesday:  Enchilada Casserole (Extending the Table)- I add  black beans and chili powder
Thursday: Black Bean Burgers (Double Delicious!)  with Hominy Cheese Patties (Extending the Table)- use this instead of buns, green beans
Friday-Sunday- my mother-in-law cooks.

If you're in need of ideas for your own meals, check out Organizing Junkie. As always lots of links and recipes.

Finally comment: Cross your figures for me. We have a closing date tentatively set for Thursday!

No comments: