Monday, June 15, 2009

Menu Plan Monday- June 15th

To warn everyone, we are getting read for a 10 day trip to Mark's parents house. We leave Friday. I'm already panicked about getting everything ready and trying to entertain the boys in the car. We'll drive the distance to Indiana in two days, getting half the trip in the evening hours. Hopefully, like our trip at Christmas, the boys will sleep most of this. I'm crossing my fingers. With my mind on packing and trying to "plan" our stay there, I'm not exactly focused on blogging right now. I know I'm not good at posting even when life is somewhat on a normal schedule. I'm working on that one :) So forgive me if things get left untouched for awhile. I've also been absorbed in a book series. I'll write more about that later. I'm sure you will get a good laugh at my silly obsession in these "brain junk food" books. But it is so nice to have a light, fun read. I just finished the second book of the series and am telling myself I can't start the next one till we are on the road. Otherwise I'll have nothing to read on the trip. And I know I'll want the excuse for a break every once and awhile. :) Despite my outward behavior, I really am more of an introvert than people think.

Ok enough about the coming week(s). Here is the plan for food this week. I'm trying really hard to use up things in the fridge so we don't have to throw food out.

Monday: BBQ with M & C. We brough watermelon. YUM!
Tuesday: Confetti Meatloaf with roasted poatoes.
Wednesday: Potluck in the park- Bring Quiche
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday: Dinner at A & C's in KC
Saturday: out to eat (or if we get to Goshen by dinner eat at Mark's folks)
Sunday: Dinner with Mark's family :)

There is so much to do this week. But I am looking forward to the trip. We should have a fun time :)

For more menu ideas visit I'm an Organizing Junkie.

No comments: