Monday, June 1, 2009

Menu Plan Monday- June 1st


So this week was once again was crazy. Wednesday I had a migraine, so I slept and Mark ordered pizza. Cai has been extra fussy this week. He has been cutting his upper front two teeth. A long and drawn out process. Thursday I ended up making eggs with frozen veggies. For the most part we didn't follow the menu at all. It was a very stressful week. However I'm excited for this week. Saturday my parents came in to attend the Chalk Art Festival downtown with us. It was lots of fun. There were lots of artists working on art pieces to sell in a silent auction benefit for Youthville. And then we got to decorate our own square of sidewalk with chalk. So when my folks came in they brought lots of fresh produce. They just received their first box from their CSA share. CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture for those that may not know. My folks are leaving on Thursday and were afraid they won't get through all the produce, so they brought me half!! Its fun for several reasons. One I get free produce!!! Two I get to try some produce I have never tried like Kale and Collards. Three because I'm using greens I'm not used to eating, I'm trying recipes I've never used. Even my asparagus dish is a new recipe. :) So it should be a fun week as far a cooking. Hopefully I'm still as excited the rest of the week about it. Check out the plan below and don't forget to check out the link for more menu ideas.

Monday: Salmon Patties served with Confetti Kale and dinner roll?
Tuesday: Collards, refried beans, cheese on Chapati
Wednesday: Leftovers or Out to Eat (depends on going to Wichita)
Thursday: Small Group Picnic- bring Green Bean salad
Friday: Sausage Asparagus Skillet
Saturday: Leftovers
Sunday: Cheesy Broccoli and Rice with chicken

Check out more idea at I'm an Organizing Junkie

No comments: