Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Menu Plan Monday- Jan 31st

Late in posting again. I'm telling myself that it will surely be overlooked. ;) Last weeks meals went over well. The Potato- Kale Quiche from The Vegetarian Mother's Cookbook was wonderful. I ended up making it a crust-less quiche using the egg and baking mix mixture from a recipe in Simply in Season. And everyone devoured the Curried Lentils and Cauliflower from Feeding the Whole Family. My mother and stepdad were here from Wednesday night through Thursday night. They left early Friday morning. They too enjoyed these meals with us. Thursday night Ian, Cai, Mark and my folks played Dinosaur Train board game. Aiden decided he was too cranky to allow me to play, thus I spent the time putting him to bed. But everyone else had a grand time. I think by the time my folks left my house on Thursday they were exhausted and sore from hours of chasing boys around and playing basketball in our basement. Of the fun. Several of this weeks meals will come from the above cookbook. This will probably be the last week (for awhile at least). I have to return them to the library  We'll see how this week's cooking goes actually. I need to go shopping, but a big winter storm is suppose to hit tonight and I'm not sure I'll get the chance to get out tomorrow. All depends on the weather. Well here is the plan at least.

Monday: Speghetti and meat sauce with peas on the side
Tuesday: Chunky Vegetable Soup with biscuits
Wednesday: Kale and Rice Casserole, side veggie
Thursday: Bean and nut loaf, homemade fries, and veggie
Friday: Peanut Butter Noodles (half made with sunflower butter since Cai doesn't tolerate peanuts well)/ First Fridays!
Saturday: leftovers
Sunday: Supper Bowl Sunday party

For more menus be sure to visit Organizing Junkie.

No comments: