Monday, March 7, 2011

Boyne Highlands- 2011


Boyne Highlands Ski Trip has been an annual Saner tradition for the last 14 years. I believe there has only been one year where no one went up. Mark's folks,along with at least one of his siblings and some close friends go up and rent a townhouse for a weekend of skiing, swimming, games and fun. I have had the privilege of going three times now. My first Boyne trip was my sophomore year of college.
2005- Mark and Me on the slopes
 Mark and I had know each other for about a year and a half and had been dating for most of that time. 
2005- Me teaching myself to knit
My second Boyne trip was in 2008. Ian was just under 18 months old and I was in my second month of pregnancy with Cai
2008- Grandpa Saner reading to Ian and Josiah
Both trips were filled with fun. Skiing during the day. An evening in the heated pool. Playing games by the fireplace and lots of good food. This years trip was no different. Expect this trip I could drink :), and Ian joined in the skiing.
 We put Ian in ski school on Friday. He started at 9:45am with Ski lessons, had lunch, watched a movie and then was back out with more lessons at 2:30 till 4pm. By the end of the day he could make a "pizza" or wedge to slow down. He was pretty excited to share his day with us when we picked him up. I was relieved, cause I had run into him in the restroom that morning and he would hardly look at me. Even though I hugged him and helped him get his hat and sunglasses back on he did not say one word.  So I had been alittle worried about how he was doing. We swam in the outdoor heated pool after and then had dinner back at our townhouse. He was asleep almost as soon as his head hit the pillow. :) Saturday morning Mark and I took Ian out to the bunny hill (also know as Camelot). He did great! 
We went down the hill three times and by that third time he got 3/4 down before falling. I was so proud of him. And he had a constant smile on his face. I was sad to leave our little getaway. It's so nice to spend time up there. I soaked in the companionship I found with everyone who went.
 Enjoyed playing games such as Dutch Blitz, Speed Rummy, Imagine If, and My First Uno.
I got to watch the older kids on the trip play with the younger kids. I sat and knitted by the fire while someone else read a book. I ate and drank and just enjoyed. I'm looking forward to next year.

Check out the video of Ian skiing. And if you want a few more pictures view the February Album on Picasa Web. Cause I was busy enjoying myself, I didn't end up taking as many pictures as I would have liked.


No comments: