Monday, September 26, 2011

Menu Plan Monday- Sept 26th

Fall is officially here and yet a part of me is not willing to embrace this fact, at least when it comes to food.  While I love Autumn, the cool weather, fresh apples, beautiful colors, I am not ready to dive into autumn food, as it means that the summer bounty that I've been enjoying will soon be completely gone. So I"m desperately trying to include all the summer veggies our market still has into my cooking. Sadly hot soup, along with warm pasta and fresh bread, are calling my name as the weather cools down, the clouds roll in and the rain pours down. Oh what to do? Fall is here. And with it all it's warm, comforting food. So here is what we are eating this week.

Monday: My father-in-law is cooking cause we have Music together at 5pm
Tuesday: Southwest Chicken with Peaches (from Cooking Free), side veggie, salad (this is a carry over from last week as we had MIdweek Meal at Church last Wednesday)
Wednesday: Summer Vegetable Chowder with GF muffins (maybe zucchini?)
Thursday: Spaghetti with tomato sauce, salad, side veggie
Friday: Chicken stir-fry over rice noodles
Saturday: leftovers or other simple meal
Sunday: Pizza (most likely takeout because we are going to be moving stuff from our storage unit into our house!!) Note: I have a GF frozen pizza for Cai so that he has pizza to enjoy too :)

As always check out Organizing Junkie for more menus. She doesn't have here menu post up yet. I'll try to remember to put the exact link in my comments later after she posts here menu.

Have a happy week. Hopefully the sun will shine for more than 5 seconds here.

No comments: