Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Menu Plan Monday- Nov 14th

Well Happy Tuesday! Its foggy and gloomy here. In fact schools have been delayed due to fog, giving me an extra hour this morning to get things done. How am I spending the time? Blogging and coming up with my menu that I neglected yesterday. :) Last's week potato crust for our quiche worked great. I had never used a potato crust before, even though there was a recipe in my Simply in Season cookbook. It was so easy, I used my food processor to shredded the potatoes and then pressed them into my pie plate with some oil. Prebake for about 10-15mins and ta da I have a crust. :) For our birthday party on Sunday I was in charge of cake. I used Gluten-Free Goddesses recipe for GF chocolate cupcakes. I didn't make the icing, although I want to try it in the future. The cupcakes were really good. Everyone enjoyed them. Point for me. This weeks I'm going to keep things as simple as possible. We leave for Kansas on Friday afternoon. I want to try and not have too many leftovers that will have to be thrown out. In case I'm silent again for awhile, its probably due to our Kansas trip. We'll be spending a week at my mom's visiting with family for Thanksgiving. :) Ok here is the menu for the week.

Monday: Cheese corn chowder with GF biscuits
Tuesday: Coconut milk curry over rice
Wednesday: Midweek meal at church
Thursday: leftovers or other simple meal
Friday and Saturday eating out while traveling
Sunday: At my Mom's! Hopefully she will feed us ;)

For more menus visit Organizing Junkie.

No comments: