Thursday, November 10, 2011

New Additions


After years of wishing and wanting, my wonderful husband gave me cats for my birthday. Three weeks after my birthday, after taking family pictures in the morning, we all piled in the car and drove to the Humane Society (although I didn't know where we were going at the time). I could hardly believe it when Mark said I got to pick out which cat to adopt. I could even get two if I wanted. At the counter was a beautiful female kitten who was just so cuddly when they let me hold her.

But I wanted to look at all the others first before deciding. After looking at all the beautiful cats ranging from kitten on up and after the boys spooking two cats I had fancied we found Homer.

 He didn't jump at every little noise the boys made and even came up to them to stiff/ check them out. It was obvious that he was a keeper. So after introducing Homer to the kitten out in the lobby (who's name was Slippers) we filled out paper work and brought them home.

 However while Homer seemed to fit his name, Slippers just wasn't sitting right with me. But I didn't know what to name her. Mark's brother Eric suggested Penny. Which worked great because we had already discussed Penelope. Penelope for those who don't know was Odysseus's wife in Homer's Odyssey. However while we like Penelope, we weren't sure it fit her. But Penny is perfect for our little kitten.

So now I have two cats. Homer who's just over a year. And Penny who while her paper work says she is four months her vet thinks she is younger. She is still so little. Although she is growing quickly. I keep noticing he is already bigger then when we brought her home. Homer is the laid back cat. He is lazy, tolerant of the boys picking him up, and very talkative.

 Penny is the ornery one. She playful, energetic, and always into sometime.

 She too puts up with the boys, but will often run and disappear the first moment she can when they are around.

 Even after almost a month I love them completely. Its truly great to have cats around. :)

2 comments:

Miriam Elaine said...

I love your new cats, and all of the fun pictures of all of you guys with them (especially the one of them keeping you company while you're on the computer--"oh, you're doing something? Here, I will help by sitting on you"). Pets are just so wonderful for people :)

Allison said...

AHHH! Hooray cats! I am so jealous! They are so cute!