Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Signs of Spring




Spring is clearly on it's way. The weather is warmer (today 's high is to get up to 77!), the sun seems to be making more of an appearance, and I have even gotten to enjoy blue skies. And of course we have been spending more time outside
Add caption

. I've been trying to do yard work, starting with cleaning out flower beds and getting my garden ready for when I can start planting. It's slow work, and feels so overwhelming it's hard to keep going. But I'm taking everything one section at a time, starting with small areas and some of the smaller beds.
Small flower bed by house. I didn't think to take a before picture

 Our yard sure has a lot of landscaping to maintain. However I'm sure once we get a rhythm it will look beautiful. Already the flowers are growing without any help on my part. :) Yeah!!!!!!
Flowers found in raised bed last week
Flowers in same raised bed this week :) Oh how they have multiplied 


Also Aiden has learned to peddle his tricycle so playing outside has gotten even more fun for him.
Look at him go :)

 And don't forget about the appearance of the toad hiding among all the dead leaves and grass. Oh what fun to watch him hop around.
We had to feel how bumpy he was. The boys named him although now I can't remember what his name is. 

 Spring is coming. And we are welcoming it with open arms.

No comments: