Monday, May 14, 2012

Menu Plan Monday: May 14th, 2012

So I only cooked two meals last week. Wednesday morning I woke up with a sore throat on top of the headache/migraines I had been fighting since Monday evening. Turns out I had strep throat. I had forgotten how much strep throat hurts and just plain knocks you out. Truth be told I could have gone a long while with out that reminder. I hate being sick. I especially hate being so sick that all you can do is sleep. Luckily Mark did let me sleep and took care of kids while working from home. :) I'm now in that part of feeling better where you are well enough to be up and around but still exhausted by everything. I did go out this morning and thin lettuce and spinach, so we will have young, tender greens tonight in our salad. Ok enough of my belly aching. Here is the menu for the week.

Monday: Vegetable soup, salad and maybe a bread if I feel up to it
Tuesday: Asparagus (and any other veggie I have) stir-fry over rice noodles
Wednesday: Church meal?? (I can't remember if we have meal this week. If not I'll do quiche or something)
Thursday: Tacos or Taco salad
Friday: Enchilada casserole
Saturday: ???
Sunday:???

I'm having trouble planning that far. I use to be so good about planning ahead and not needing to change. But I'm just not sure what to cook that will suffice for this weekend. So I'll play it by ear. Weekends are easier to for that anyway. Having a plan during the week ensure we get dinner at somewhat of a reasonable hour and I don't have to have that I have no idea what to cook and too tired to think dilemma. It already planned just have to make it :)

If you want to see what other menus are out there this week. Go visit Organizing Junkie. Have a great week! Stay healthy!

No comments: