Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Menu Plan Monday- 4/30/12

Hello all. I had several thoughts last week of creating a post on why I didn't have a menu. Mostly it surround the fact that my mom and stepdad were in town and planning a menu seemed pointless when I knew my wonderful mother would end up cooking at least some of the time. :) And she did too. We had steak with a mushroom sauce, roasted potatoes, salad and  broccoli. It was wonderful (if you ignored Ian's fit). My folks were here from Thursday afternoon till yesterday late morning. We were all sad to see them go, as we loved having them here. Of course now we have to get back to routines and deal with tired and cranky boys who were functioning outside their normal daily routines. Yesterday was a disaster. Today only slightly better, but an improvement. Maybe by tomorrow we will be back to normal. Which really is pretty good recovery time. So on to my menu to the week.

Monday: Spaghetti and tomato sauce, frozen peas
Tuesday: Pizza Rice Casserole (More with Less Cookbook), side veggie of some kind
Wednesday: dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's (Mark and I both having meeting that overlap so they have agreed to watch kids and feed us!!!)
Thursday: Chicken Noodle Soup
Friday: First Fridays- Dinner downtown
Saturday: Quiche?
Sunday: Leftovers? Popcorn, cheese and apples?

I'm not completely certain about this weekend's meals. What I cook so often depend on how I feel or how our day goes on the weekend. It's easier to deviate from the menu or harder to stick to what I planned, take your pick. If you are wanting more menu ideas, as well as recipe links check out Organizing Junkie. Till next time ;)

No comments: