Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Menu Plan Monday- Aug 13, 2012

This week is starting out crazy. But I have basically accepted the fact that my life will not slow down anytime soon (if ever). And despite the flustered start to our day yesterday, the rest of the day went pretty good (if you ignore the fact that I didn't get this posted). This morning seems to be going better. With Ian wanted to eat breakfast at school (students get a free breakfast), I had one less kid to really worry about. Overlook Cai's grunts and whines (he is so my kid) then things have gone smoothly. And it's not even 8:30am!! I have the dishwasher unloaded, my second load of laundry in the wash, the first in the dryer, and all the trash collected and taken outside. I'm on a role. So overlook my bragging please, cause i feel like I deserve to brag just alittle. Now it's time to drink my coffee, relax just a few minutes before starting on the sweeping. Last week I restarted the Fly Lady cleaning system. I've tweaked it to fit me, our house and our routines but I'm happy to say thus far I'm feeling it working. I'll let you know again at the end of the month. Anywhoo............ let get to the point of this post. Our menu. This week should be pretty easy. I mean I'm not cooking half the time. So here it is.

Monday: Zucchini Garden Chowder (Simply in Season) with gluten free biscuits
                              Note about biscuits: I added 2 tablespoons more fat/butter to a basic biscuit recipe in                     More with Less and 1 teaspoon xanthan gum. I then just substituted my gluten free flour mix for the flour. They turned out great. The best biscuits I've ever made!
Tuesday:  Dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Saner's - I have a meeting at 6 and Mark doesn't get home from Tennis Practice till 6:30 thus we are eating at Grandma and Grandpa's so the boys can hang out there while I'm off to my meeting
Wednesday: Midweek Meal at church
Thursday: Homemade gluten free pizza
Friday: Dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Saner's - Grandma and Grandpa are watching the boys for the weekend. Mark and I are heading to Chicago Friday evening to celebrate our anniversary!!
Saturday: Mark and I in Chicago! It's our Anniversary! Boys at Grandparents
Sunday: leftovers or other simple meal

Check out more menu's at Organizing Junkie.

No comments: