Monday, July 25, 2011

Menu Plan Monday- July 25th

Well last weeks meals got all switched and changed. It was hot here last week (or at least hotter than normal). And I had no desire to use the oven if I could avoid it. So I ended up cooking other meals that would not require the use of the oven. This week I'm going to try and use the crock pot alot. There are so many good crock pot recipes that I've never tried. So even if today and tomorrow we will have a slight break in sweltering weather I'm going to try not to use the oven this week. That being said blueberry pie is calling my name so I think I'll make one tonight. :)

So here is this weeks menu.

Monday: Fussy Day Chicken (Whole Foods for the Whole Family), green beans, salad
Tuesday: Taco Casserole (Betty Crocker: New Slow Cooker meals)- I'm going to substitute beans for the ground beef
Wednesday: Curried Chickpeas and chicken over rice (using up leftover chicken), veggie side
Thursday: Slow Cooker Lasagna (Betty Crooker: New Slow Cooker meals)

I'm not completely sure what's happening this weekend. Thus there is a chance that I will have to cook. In which case my plan is as follows:

Friday: Salsa Chicken (Betty Crocker: New Slow Cooker meals), veggie side  and rice
Saturday: Chicken Burritos (meal 2 from Salsa Chicken)
Sunday: leftovers or simple pasta meal

We may also make a trip over to the Elkhart County 4H Fair one evening this week. Cause you have to eat fair food while during fair week. We went Sunday morning, but we are thinking of going again. I'm not sure which night though so it doesn't hurt to have a plan for dinner anyway. :)

As always be sure to visit Organizing Junkie.

No comments: