Friday, September 24, 2010

Welcoming Autumn


In celebration of the Autumn Equinox we spent time yesterday at the Calendar Garden. Rachel, my sister-in-law, is part of a holistic mom's play group, which she invited me to join when we moved here. The group decided to meet our at the Calendar Garden for a picnic lunch and outside play.
As I've said before I love going out to this garden. It is so beautiful and peaceful. And I love watching my boys play there. But it was especially nice to spend time with other moms. It was a small group, but worked out beautifully.
The kids explored the water and flowers around them. We took a small hike on a trail that leads from the garden to the parking lot. And then sat on blankets in the shade to enjoy our lunch.
The kids founds leaves, watched butterflies, spotted a nest in the trees, and looked for acorns (although we did not find any). And while it was the hottest yesterday of the entire week, it was a great way to start the season.
Fall is Here!! It is my favorite season. And I'm so enjoying the crisp fresh air it brings. It smells different than summer. And I love it. Although I'm noticing the smell is slightly different than Kansas. And I am missing the Kansas air. But I look forward to my first Indiana Autumn. With fresh apples from the local orchard and beautiful fall leaves. Happy Autumn Equinox! Welcome beautiful fall.

No comments: