Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Menu Plan Monday- Dec 24th, 2012


Merry Christmas Everyone!!

I hope everyone's Christmas Day was as joyous as ours. It was wonderful to have my little brother Josh here to celebrate with us. I hosted Christmas dinner this year, a first for me. I was pretty nervous about it, but I think it all went very smoothly. Of course Mark and Josh helped me get everything ready so that was a tremendous help. 
Our extended table with all the leaves in 
The big boys table
Mark and I made ham using coca-cola and bourbon as the marinade. We soaked it over night and then cooked it Christmas day.We bought the ham from Mattern's Meats and Deli I made my mom's broccoli and rice casserole. And between Josh and I we made mashed potatoes and gravy. My mother-in-law brought over a pork roast (tradition dish for their family), homemade cranberry sauce, and whipped sweet potatoes. My sister-in-law brought over a butternut squash dish. Plus apple crisp and an orange cranberry pie. Somehow the pumpkin got forgotten at their house but that's okay we had plenty. I made a gluten free blueberry crisp, using the canned blueberries from this summer. :) Add to that sliced veggies and salad and we had a feast. Mark made a layered jello but we never pulled it out of the fridge. We have been enjoying it today though. The food was all delicious. And everyone had a great time. 

We take Josh to the airport on Thursday. Mark is taking the day off and after we drop Josh off we are all going to the Field Museum of Chicago. It should be a good day. As long as the weather is okay. It's been snowing all day today. Which is nice cause we have snow on the ground now. The boys enjoyed playing outside. But I'm not sure I want to drive in snow tomorrow. We'll see. Okay I'll move onto listing our menu. I'll write some other posts about our other Christmas adventures. 

Monday: Leftovers
Tuesday: Big Family Christmas Dinner 
Wednesday: Christmas dinner leftovers
Thursday: Eating out in Chicago
Friday: Ham and Bean soup?
Saturday: Shepard Pie
Sunday: Leftovers or popcorn

For more menus head over to Organizing Junkie

No comments: