Sunday, April 5, 2009

Menu Plan Monday



For those unaware, I have been participating in Menu Plan Monday since February. I just always posted on Earthmama's Adventures in Green Living. The longer I create a menu plan for the week, the more I love doing it. I find I am more energize to cook when I know what I'm cooking and that I have everything I need. Cooking no longer feel like a big chore. Of course planning the menu for the week sometimes does. But it's worth it in the end. Here is the dinner menu for this week. I've stopped writing out my breakfast and lunch plans. Lunch is always leftovers or FFY. Breakfast is usually cold cereal or oatmeal, unless I feel energetic and very hungry for something more. :)

Monday- Garden Chowder and muffins (blackberry maybe?)
Tuesday- Asparagus Lemon Pasta
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday- Maundy Thursday soup supper and foot washing service at church
Friday- pizza night
Saturday-Leftovers if at home
Sunday- Easter meal at Mom's


For more menu ideas visit Organizing Junkie.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Kristin, I just looked at your Adventures in Green Living blog, and your meal plans look awesome! Not only a good idea to be efficient, but also your meals just sound delicious! I'm impressed. I'm terribly worried about figuring out meals in the future -- neither Ross nor I is creative with cooking at all.

Unknown said...

Allison I get alot of my meals from Simply in Season cookbook. Also if you visit Organizing Junkie's website on Menu Plan Monday she has links to other blogs that have menus. Alot of them will have links to the recipes. I've found some good recipes that way. :)