Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Curtains!!

My sewing machine is fixed!!!! Yeah for repair shops and wonderful husbands who drop things off on their lunch break. We have a Singer repair shop in town. I just was having a hard time getting my machine, kids and self together to drop it off. Oh thank you Mark for doing it for me! Now that it is working properly again, I have a long list of projects I want to do. And yeah for me, one is complete! A curtain for Ian's window was on my to do list for awhile. Before we had an old blanket tacked up with thumb tacks. After we put plastic on our windows for the winter, we decided not to put of the blanket again. Thus pushing me to make a curtain. We took Ian to the local fabric store to pick out fabric. But unfortunately my machine was not working, so the fabric has sat in my dresser for a little over a month. But no more waiting. It's done. And if I do say so, looks good too. I had enough fabric to make two that would then open in the middle. But we decided that since just one fits so nicely over the window to save the fabric. Now I get to figure out what to make with the rest of it. :)

No comments: