Tuesday, November 9, 2010

October Activities: Apple picking


Early in October the local apple orchard had a Harvest Festival, with apple picking, pumpkin picking, a corn maze, hay rack rides, food and music. U-pick apples were red delicious and golden delicious. The boys picked over 20 pounds. And believe me we used them all up. We made apple pie, apple crisp, 2 1/2 jars of apple sauce. Plus we ate apples for weeks as snacks and with lunch. It was an activity I was not only glad we did, but one I would have liked to repeat. Spending the day at the orchard reminded me why I love my boys. I love their curiosity, their energy, and their smiles.

Quick note: More pictures are on our Picasa web-page. I know this post is short but the pictures are so much better than any words I could write.

No comments: