Monday, February 8, 2010

Footie Longies

If I have not expressed my love of wool before, let me do it now. I love wool!! Especially for over cloth diapers. Last Christmas I bought Cai a pair of Woollybottoms footies. I actually found a pair used on DiaperSwapers.com. I love them. Cai wore them all last winter. However, right now they are still too large for Aiden. So today I decided to try and make my own. I used a pair of 6mo pants as my pattern for the pants. And a pair of soft shoes that fit Aiden for as my pattern for the feet. I used the arms of one sweater for the pants and scraps from a solid brown sweater for the feet. I think they turned out beautifully. I'm so excited. And very proud of my work. Now I just need to get working on some more in larger sizes for as he grows. :)

2 comments:

Allison said...

Aiden is ADORABLE! What a beautiful smile! Those longies are super cute -- I like the striped pattern. I think striped tights for little girls are so cute, so I'm glad there's a functional, gender-neutral option for babies. And Aiden looks quite handsome in his!

k said...

those look great! wool is such a mystery to me, I'm in awe of anyone who can figure it out. And what a smile! Your boys really look alike.