Thursday, February 18, 2010

footies and top

So I finished a second pair of footie longies for Aiden. They did not turn out as great as the first. The feet are twisted. But they fit and functionally work. So I'm trying not to complain too much about it. Especially since I don't have the energy to take them apart and figure out how to get them right. I decided that since I now have two pairs I needed a shirt that could be worn with both. Thus allowing me to switch between the two throughout the day. I had this really cute onesie that would look great with both footies. So I decided it would be really easy to convert it into a long sleeve tshirt.I cute off the tapered bottom and sewed a 1/4 inch hem. I was right! It does look great. And fits great. And now Aiden has a great outfit (or two depending on how you look at it) Yay!! Now some might wonder why not use a onesie? Well you can. But you have to snap it outside the pants, which I think looks funny. Sure I do it at night sometimes to keep they from getting cold (we keep the house colder at night). But durning the day it just looks silly to me. Maybe I'm just being ridculous, but I'm ok with that I think. And you can snap it under that pants because then you would be changing tops with every diaper change. Wool longies work as you water proof barrier over your cloth diaper. If you onesie is right on top of the diaper without a water proof barrier it will get soaked along with the diaper. That's alot of laundry and changes. No thank you. Plus not very comfortable for baby. Converting an already owned top made more since than going out to find a new one. Just my opinion. No matter what, I'm pleased with my work and it's outcome so that's what matters. Aiden doesn't seem to mind either. As he is warm, comfy and cute :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

That eggplant onesie/shirt is SO cute!