Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's and Thank Yous


With Valentine's Day coming up, Ian has several Valentine's parties coming as well. The first was this morning at preschool. So I was in need of Valentine's to give to his friends and classmates. For his preschool class I traced hearts onto pink and red construction paper and had Ian cut them out. Ian is really into using scissors and cutting paper, so this kept him happy for alittle while one evening while I was making dinner. He cut maybe a third and I cute out the rest. Then he decorated them with stickers and wrote his name on them (well all but about 4 or 5 which I put his name on for him). I then got mini chocolate bars and taped them to the back. They worked out great! Tomorrow there is a party for story time. I ahve some valentines that came with Ian's High Five magazine that I'll have him put his name on and give out. Part of me wished I had got to work on Valentines sooner. Maybe we could have made all of them for the storytime party as well. But this works.
I'm finally getting around to writing Christmas thank you cards. I was giving Amanda Black Soule's The Creative Family from my father-in-law for Christmas. If you having heard, read or flipped through this book, it is a wonderful sources of creative expression, ideas and projects. It's from here that I got the idea for my thank you cards. Last week Ian made a wonderful drawing of a dog. I have to say I'm so very proud of this picture because it's the first time he has really draw an animal, he put his name on it all by himself (with no help or prompting) and he was very excited to tell me all about it when he was done. He pointed out the feet, tail and told me about about how the lines and shapes he drew made a dog. :) So I scanned the picture onto the computer and printed it on card stock to made cards. Now I just have about 3 more to write and then it's off to find envelopes so I can put them in the mail!

No comments: